Friday, September 3, 2010

Why Kenya? This is my story.

It begun when I was 14 years old. I was laying in my bed, sleeping in.
And then I heard this voice in my head. I can`t describe how it feels, its something you have to experience yourself to understand. Anyways, this voice said "Maria, when you get old. You have to water the flowers and give them nutrition". Whaat? I had no clue what it meant,
but it felt important... I wrote it down.


A time later (less then a year) I heard the same voice! "Maria, what I mean by watering the flowers is that you have to pray for people. And by nutrition I mean that you have to spread the gospel."

I was 15 at the time and went to school; busy with homework and everything with it. But last fall I got this sense of something big coming. I had no rest, and was waiting for something I didnt wait for...

Then I went to YWAMs "new years camp 2009" were a girl I didnt know prayed for me. She saw a picture of seeds coming to me. And I knew it right away. It was the flowers seed! I felt mr. father gave me the sack with seeds. Prepared me,because the time was in.

I prayed for people and saw things happend in their life, but I knew it was something more with this "calling".
It wasn`t all, so in May I had a dream. A picture of Kenya surrounded by water to the east, and Somalia in the north. "The grass is dying, and people are losing their hope. Hard times is coming for this people". I got alot of information about this place and when I woke up it was stuck in my head.

God, is this you? How could I know?
I prayed about it, I wouldnt let one dream determine my future plans. I needed confirmation if this was it.
Glenn, an awesome guy and friend prayed for me and he started to talk about 1 Peter in the bible.. Blablabla, I didn`t see the point of talking about this now, I tried to find out about my future. (Sorry, Glenn)

I went away and then my humoristic Mr. Father told me " Hey, take a hint girl. Go and read 1 Peter"
So, I did. I opened the book excited,cause I had never read this book before.
Before I started reading he said "Just read the first chapter and look for something with vegetation".
And I read, and this is what I found. I will not forget it, I am always thankful for it;

"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord stands forever. 
And this is the word that was preached to you".      
                                                           
                                                       1 Peter 1:24-25

1 comment: